Newborn Session Information & Pricing
WHEN TO BOOK
Newborns are only little for such a short amount of time, and we highly recommend you schedule your newborn session during your pregnancy as available dates can fill up quickly.
The ideal time for your newborn session is within the first 6-12 days of your new baby’s life to capture the sleepy, curled up images represented in our portfolio.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Before your session:
Newborn portraits are all about the beautiful start to life – the purity and perfection, the tiny delicate features and the love between you and your baby. Once your baby arrives, we as you to contact us to set a firm session date.
During your session:
Your session will go for approx 2-3 hours to allow plenty of time for comforting and feeding baby if required.
Whilst the focus of the session is your new baby, family & sibling photos are also included.
Your baby’s safety and comfort are always our first priority and we will not put baby in any unsafe positions during the session.
After your session:
You will be presented with a beautiful collection of images, all professionally edited and available for viewing on your private online gallery, from which you can select your order.
We have a range of stunning art pieces to showcase your images in your home, from framed fine art prints, custom designed fine art albums, luxury canvas as well as digital files. We offer a full design service to ensure your images are perfectly suited to your needs.
Newborn & baby sessions are available in our home studio in Barden Ridge, Sutherland Shire, Sydney.
With comfy lounges and yummy treats, we invite you to sit back & relax as we capture your baby’s photos.
Our natural light studio is available for newborn & baby sessions, and images on our website are representative of this setting.
Our studio is quiet & inviting, a space to relax and enjoy the experience of an intimate photoshoot with your new baby, away from the distractions of everyday life.
HOW TO PREPARE
We use a range of soft & textured wraps and blankets during the session, as well as bare skin on baby to create pure, simple and beautiful modern images. If you have special items you’d like to incorporate into the photos, please bring these along with you. (Teddy bear, nappy cover, special knitted blanket etc).
We aim to keep colours soft and natural so that the focus is on your new baby. For family clothing selection we suggest to keep it light and simple, with soft natural tones and pastels to best suit the purity of a newborn session. We offer a selection of beautiful dresses and tops for clients to use for their session, please contact us if you’d like further info on items available.
Tips to Remember:
– Dress baby loosely in their nappy with easy to remove clothing
– If possible, try to keep your baby awake for a couple hours prior to the session so that once you arrive bub is ready for a sleep
– Feed baby just before you arrive, or as soon as you arrive at the studio so that bub is content with a full tummy. During the session it is typical that your baby may have top-up feeds, please bring along extra bottle for baby if bottle feeding.
– As the session does take some time, please bring along with you drinks and snacks for yourselves, especially if you are breastfeeding. We will also have tea, coffee, water and some snacks available for you.
– Bring with you all your usual nappy bag items including a few extra nappies and an extra change of clothes for baby.